Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Testimony of Jesus

I have been thinking about D&C 76 where it talks about the celestial, terrestrial, and telestial degrees of glory.  The phrase "the testimony of Jesus" is used about five times.  As I was reading these verses I was thinking about how many times we have been told that we will not be able to live on borrowed light.  That we must each have a testimony of our own.  

I thought of how often we are taught to bear a pure testimony in our meetings.  I thought of how often we give a travel log instead.  Yes, I am as guilty as the next of telling a story instead of bearing a pure testimony.  As of late I have been trying to do a better job of bearing my testimony.   

At any rate, back to my reading.  All of a sudden I came across an extra word.  It said, "valiant in the testimony of Christ."  That word valiant popped out at me.  It is not enough to be able to bear your testimony.  You must be valiant in that testimony!  Those people who enter the celestial kingdom are valiant in the testimony of Jesus.  Those who enter the other two kingdoms are not valiant.  

So here is my question:  What are the characteristics of a person who is "valiant in the testimony of Jesus?"  If you have an answer leave a comment.  As for me I think I will ponder the subject a little longer.

No comments: