Sunday, November 24, 2013

Spiritually Self-reliant

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately.  I have been wondering what I have done or need to do to become more spiritually self-reliant.  I feel like the world is in such turmoil.  I keep asking what more I can do to stay focused on what is really important.

Today in Sunday School a man made a comment that I really liked.  He said that he was asked once by a man that did not think being chase, smoking, or drinking were a problem.  The man asked if he was not open minded.  He told the man no that he knew what he knew and that he believed in being anchored.  He said being open minded means that you allowing the winds of change blow your ship in any direction the winds choose to blow you.  Being anchored allows you to stay in one place in spite of the fierceness of the winds.

Being spiritually self-reliant is my anchor.  I am finding that the more I learn, the more I want to know.  The past couple of months I have been so grateful for my dear husband.  He has allowed me to exercise every morning while he cooks breakfast.  While I exercise I study my scriptures.  I am so thankful for that 45 minutes that I start my day with.  I am feeling that anchor that is hooking me to my Savior.  I am feeling peace in a very troubled world.

 The other thing we have been trying to do is to attend the temple once a week.  There have been a couple of weeks that work has prevented us from attending but for the most part we have been there.  My Savior loves me.  Not because I am perfect but because He is perfect.

No comments: