Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Be Not Ashamed

While the Apostle Paul was in prison he wrote a letter to his good friend Timothy. He said:

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
"Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord"
(2 Timothy 1:7-8)

Wow, those words tell me that I really need to get control of my fear of talking to others. I need to let others know how much I love my Savior. I know He lives and that He loves us and wants us to return to Him. He has made it possible to return to Him by restoring all the covenants and ordinances that the ancient apostles and prophets had. Those covenants and ordinances were restored to a young boy named Joseph Smith in the early 1800s. Joseph Smith became the first prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We still have a living prophet upon the earth who receives revelation from the Lord just as ancient prophets did. It gives me peace and comfort in this world of turmoil that the Lord is at the head of His church and is mindful of me.

No comments: