Friday, January 2, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons, Make Lemonade

I am feeling a little heart broken at the moment.  It seems that over the Christmas break two young people have decided that life is not worth living and have committed suicide.  While I did not know either of these young people my heart is heavy with sorrow as I find myself shedding tears for them and for their families.  I hope that peace can find it's way into the lives of the families left behind.

I can honestly say that I have never suffered from depression to the point that these two have.  I have never even considered suicide.  While I have no idea of how they may have suffered before they came to this point in their lives, I do know one thing...  When life gets you down and you feel like you can no longer cope, CALL someone.  A mom, a dad, a brother, a sister, a friend, a stranger for that matter but whatever you do you need to talk to someone now. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

Jalynn knew one of the two. She feels really bad, but it gave me the opportunity to have a really good talk with her about going to Mom and Dad if she ever feels bad.