Sunday, January 11, 2009

Learn Of God

Learn of me, and listen to my words:  walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me.  (Doctrine and Covenants 19:23)

My next Relief Society lesson is "Gaining Knowledge of Eternal Truths."  It seems that everything I read or listen to points me in the direction of gaining knowledge.  I was just setting here trying to think of something to blog about.  I was thinking that my pondering was running a bit short.  Nothing was coming to mind.  I looked over and saw the back of my True To The Faith reference guide and there was the above scripture.  I thought. "Wow there is my lesson in one sentence.    Now that I have my lesson prepared I wonder what I will do the the rest of my 30 minutes?"  

Not really.  It is a good lesson and I can hardly wait to give it.  I really do love that scripture.

I am grateful that the Lord has given me this opportunity to teach.  I am grateful that He is mindful of me and shows me so many little things that can help me with His message.  The other day as I was reading a passage by Joseph Smith I could not help but be amazed that this unlearned boy had turned into such a knowledgeable man.  I had to actually look up two words in the paragraph so I could make sense out of the statement.  Joseph Smith's understanding was truly quickened by the Spirit of God.  

No comments: