Sunday, November 15, 2009

Showing Mercy

President Joseph Smith said, "If you would have God have mercy on you, have mercy on one another....  We are full of selfishness; the devil flatters us that we are very righteous, when we are feeding on the faults of other."  

"...Search yourselves--the tongue is an unruly member--hold your tongues about things of no moment--a little tale will set the world on fire."

OK, so I have been having some devil flattering going on in my life.  I have had a hard time holding my tongue.  I have had that self-righteous feeling and I don't like it.  I have had to really examine myself to see what my problem is.  I finally figured it out.  I am jealous.  My 'friend' knows how to maximize her resources and I either don't know how or I want to make myself a martyr by doing everything myself.  I need to get over it and learn from her instead of criticize her for being able to delegate authority.    

Get over it Mary!

No comments: