Sunday, May 23, 2010

Feasting on the scriptures

D&C 84:88
And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

How comforting to know that God knows who we are and will bear us up. To me that means when things are tough He will be there. And what of the angels that will be round about us? Could that be loved one that have passed on before? God knows what trials we will have to face. He knows what will be difficult. He knows how hard it will be and He will be near to help us through each trial. Well that make the trials easy? Probably not. But it will make it so we can bear all things the Lord sees fit to put in our way.

Now what do I have to do to receive this blessing? ....
  • Read the scriptures.
  • Say my prayers.
  • Go to church.
  • Follow His commandments.
Those are the standard answers but if I am not doing those things I am in danger of losing His spirit. Failure to read my scriptures and say my prayers would be the first step in apostasy. God will only be as near as I allow Him to be.

No comments: