Friday, August 8, 2008

Relief Society Lesson

My next Relief Society lesson is a tough one. I always try to "live" my lesson. For example when I taught the one about The Book of Mormon being a keystone of our religion I tried extra hard to be reading the Book of Mormon. Or when I taught the lesson about Prayer and Personal Revelation I took extra care in making my prayers meaningful. I watched for moments of revelation. When I taught the lesson about proclaiming glad tidings to all the world, I tried extra hard to be a member missionary. I am even still working on that one.

However, this month I have a lesson that I absolutely do NOT want to try out. I know it is inevitable, I will have to live with this lesson someday. I just don't want it to be now. I know, I know. Don't counsel the Lord. It is entitled "Word of Hope and Consolation at the Time of Death." I am truly grateful for the teachings of our church about death. There is a hope for a better future. The one thing that Joseph Smith said about the death of a young child verses an older person is that one gets to enjoy being with our Heavenly Father longer.

No comments: